Skip to main content

Ask the Knight

Find what you need in our searchable FAQ.

Transfer Center: Is general education or major preparation coursework more important to complete at the community college prior to transfer?

264 views   |   1 Vote this question as useful.   0 Vote this question as not useful.   |   Last updated on Nov 07, 2016   


Most universities ask that you complete a minimal amount of general education prior to transfer.  Depending on your major and the university that you want to transfer to, it may be in your best interest to complete more or less general education.  For high-unit majors (majors that require a lot of coursework in your major), it is best to complete as much coursework in your major as possible, while also completing the minimum amount of general education needed for that university to be admitted.